The Software Engineer Role
You will be involved with developing our core analytics platform and associated web, mobile and social apps for clients. An optional role upgrade includes poking regular fun at the easy-to-rile sales team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Can develop applications in a cloud-based Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (or similar) environment
- Picks up new languages and technologies quickly – we use a number of different stacks
- Is familiar with version control systems, specifically Git
- Has a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Test Driven Development
- Model-View-Controller frameworks, specifically CakePHP
- Emerging datastore and processing technologies, such as NoSQL and Stream Processing
An interest in any of the following topics:
- Natural Language Processing, specifically semantic extraction
- Recommendation Engines and Predictive Analytics
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
The ideal candidate:
- Approaches problems pragmatically, based upon a deep theoretical understanding of the underlying Computer Science concepts
- Is comfortable working in an agile environment
idio fuses text-mining, web analytics, social data mining, and predictive decisioning to understand and engage millions of individuals for major brands like Guinness, Unilever, and Associated News. Our projects involve working with companies like Apple, Google, and the major social platforms.
idio’s team holds several patents around predictive analytics for CRM, we have won a few of those meaningless awards, and we are focused on using technology to save the world from sucky marketing campaigns.
We have some very smart (but very fun) people in the team, and have a work hard play hard culture. Our work environment is fast-paced, very interesting, and regularly involves flying AR Drones, beer, and office banter.
Drop us a line at email@example.com if you are interested. We will probably invite you in for a cup of tea.
- Up to £35k depending on skills and experience
- Share options
- £2k to customize your own tech setup
- Free breakfasts and free lunch on Friday