The Senior Software Engineer Role
You will be involved with developing our core analytics platform and associated web, mobile and social apps for clients, as well as researching, designing and implementing new processes in scaling, prediction, and content analytics. An optional role upgrade includes poking regular fun at the easy-to-rile sales team.
- Can develop applications in a cloud-based Python environment
- Is familiar with version control systems, specifically Git
- Is comfortable in Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (or similar) environments
- Has a degree in Computer Science or similar
- Test Driven Development
- Model-View-Controller frameworks
- Emerging datastore and processing technologies, such as NoSQL, Graph Databases, and Stream Processing
A deep understanding in at least one of the following topics:
- Natural Language Processing, specifically semantic extraction
- Recommendation Engines and Predictive Analytics
- Web Analytics Software and Data Mining
The ideal candidate:
- Approaches problems pragmatically, based upon a deep theoretical understanding of the underlying Computer Science concepts
- Is comfortable working in an agile environment
We fuse text-mining, web analytics, social data mining, and predictive decisioning to understand and engage millions of individuals for major brands like Guinness, Unilever, and Associated News. Our projects involve working with companies like Apple, Google, and the major social platforms.
Our team holds several patents around predictive analytics for CRM, we have won a few of those meaningless awards, and we are focused on using technology to save the world from sucky marketing campaigns.
We have some very smart (but very fun) people in the team, and have a work hard play hard culture. Our work environment is fast-paced, very interesting, and regularly involves flying AR Drones, beer, and office banter.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We will probably invite you in for a cup of tea.
- Up to £50k depending on skills and experience
- Share options
- £2k to customize your own tech setup
- Free breakfasts and free lunch on Friday